Your challenge: don’t give in to the excuses.
It’s too cold.
I’m too tired.
I don’t have enough time.
It’s just too hard right now. I’ll go back to the gym in January.
Don’t do it. Don’t give up all that hard work you just put yourself through. Don’t back track 2 months. You’ve worked too hard. Make working out a priority, and it will make your days easier. Workouts will invigorate you to be productive and give you the energy to get through the holidays, and relieve the stress of the season, and help you burn off those few treats you indulged in at that Christmas party.
You see this month through, and you will already be ahead of those new year’s fitness resolutions. And your future self will thank yourself.
While fitness is our key focus at Edge Body Boot Camps, you cannot achieve the results you want without also considering your nutrition. It has often been said that diet is 75% or more of any fitness program, and we couldn’t agree more. But, fad diets are NOT what we recommend. In fact, at EBBC, “DIET” is a 4-letter word! Instead, we want to see you incorporate small nutritional changes one at a time into what is becoming your healthy life style. Some changes you could start slowly incorporating are:
- Drink more water, less calories (try drinking a glass of water before a meal)
- Eat breakfast
- Control your portions
- Eat 6 small meals a day rather than 3 large meals
- Eat a BALANCED diet, including whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and proteins
- Write down everything you eat
Welcome to Edge Body Boot Camp – Richmond!! We are excited to be opening the 3rd Edge Body Boot Camp location by the end of this month. Our camps are already changing lives in Owensboro, KY and Louisville, KY, and I can’t wait to do the same thing here!
So, you may be wondering, what is boot camp? This is not a military style boot camp. Our boot camps can help you achieve your fitness goals, regardless of your fitness level, in a fun and supportive environment by combining 4 critical training techniques into one awesome workout: resistance, cardiovascular, flexibility, and core.
Your next question might be – how are we different from a gym or a personal trainer? You could do our workouts at either a gym or with a personal trainer. But, here are some differences:
- A gym does not hold you accountable for your results… and we will. Lack of motivation and accountability are the key reasons why most people quit exercising. At Edge Body Boot Camp, we are like a family, and you don’t let your family down by giving up on them. Your trainer and staff as well as your fellow campers will be there to cheer you on as you achieve new heights and to call you at 5 in the morning to get your butt out of bed and to camp.
- A good personal trainer will motivate you and hold you accountable, but it will cost you an arm and a leg. Working in a group will alleviate those costs while still providing you with one-on-one support. One week of personal training could buy you a whole month of boot camp. Note, EBBC does offer personal training services for those who want them, but you will not have to worry about any pushy sales pitches from us; in fact, you may never hear us talk about it unless you specifically ask for it.
Some of you may be worried that you are out of shape. That’s what we are here for! Do not be scared off by the term “boot camp”. Our exercises can be modified as needed to customize the workout for your fitness level – whether you have never exercised before or you are a professional athlete.
If we have peaked your interest at all, please come check us out. You can try camp free for a week to see if it’s right for you. We tentatively plan to open the week of 10/21/13. However, to get up to the minute information, please “Like” us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/EdgeBodyBootCampRichmond).
At EBBC, our goal is to help you achieve your goals!